Sunday, March 30, 2008

We're Back, and LIfe's Changing

Well, we returned last night from a fabulous Spring Break vacation. Last Friday, my brother Andy and his family drove down from Wisconsin to our place. We then drove on Saturday to Henry Horton State Park in Tennessee. We stayed there in cabins for Sat. and Sun. nights. On Easter Sunday we were able to attend Church at the small branch in Shelbyville, TN. We shared a ham dinner in the cabin and later that afternoon even got to have an Easter egg hunt with the kids. We got up bright and early Monday morning to complete our trek to Cape San Blas, Florida. We drove all day, with a stop in Panama City for Alesha and I to buy our groceries for the week while the Dads played with the kids at a park. We arrived at out lovely beach house, right on the beach. Cape San Blas is a 20 mile long peninsula that juts out into the Gulf of Mexico off the Florida panhandle. Monday and Tuesday were a little chilly (highs in the 60s), but the rest of the week warmed up nicely. Tuesday morning Rick, Dallin, Dailie, Andy, Spencer and Clark all went fishing on a chartered boat. I guess they didn't have a very successful trip, not near what is usual and custonary, but Dailie did catch a shark!!!! We ate it for dinner that night, along with some other fresh seafood Andy, Rick and Dallin picked up in a local market. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we hung out on the beach. We built a HUGE sandcastle. It was far enought back from the water's edge that it survived each night, so we added to it each day. We found shells and dug for crabs and spent some time at the State Park at the tip of the peninsula. I'll be posting pictures very soon. I just wanted to get the info out there first. Saturday we drove all the way home so that we could be back for the new bishop to be called in our ward : ). Guess who it is? Rick was sustained today as the Bishop of the Peoria Ward. That's how our life will be changing. It's 5:20 and Rick is still not home. Sunday's will be different around here, as well as other days as well. I know that blessings will come to our family as Rick serves the Lord in this capacity. There will be challenges I'm sure, but I know that this is where the Lord wants us to be, and where he needs us to serve.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a really great trip, and I'm glad you did, especially with the changes you're experiencing at the moment. It's neat to see the Lord's purpose unfold in your lives.

You'll recall the conversation we had back at Christmas time about you guys never being 100% sure why the Lord led you to Peoria. Now, perhaps, it's becoming more evident than ever.

I know the Lord will sustain you through this period of steep growth you're bound to experience.

I love you guys and look forward to our paths crossing again sometime soon. And, I'm glad you're back, b/c I was going through "Cougar Blue Jeffs" withdrawal. :-)

Charity said...

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments, Ed. It's nice to know and be reminded that we have family thinking of and supporting us at this time.

Unknown said...

Oh, and happy birthday Charity!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday CHarity!
It was really fun to go out for breakfast. I am happy to work with Bishop Jeffs. I know he will do great.