Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Monte L. Bean Museum, or a Day on Campus

Wednesday was our day on campus. I love every time I come around the bend on I-15 and see the Y on the mountain. Happiness : ). First stop, the BYU Bookstore. We re-outfitted the family in BYU attire. We're good to go for the upcoming football season. Next stop, the Cougareat, for a little lunch. Tera and Addy (Amy wasn't feeling well)were with us, and we even got to see Dallin for just a little bit. He had just finished a class for his camp, and ran over to see us before heading to lunch. THEN, we ran into Grandma Jeffs at the Cougareat!! She was down at the Y for a Teaching Conference, and was grabbing a snack before running to a class.

After lunch, we walked up past the Carillon Bell Tower and on to the Monte L. Bean Museum, one of our favorite stops on campus. We were able to meet up with Amy (my sis), and her 5 kids: Kelsie, Jeffrey, Monte, Ellie, and Lizzie. Kelsie, Eliza and Audri took off on a scavenger hunt, so none of the pictures include them...The top two pictures, you might note are in front of a COUGAR. Daniel, striking a pose, and cute Ellie and Lizzie. The bottom two are Lizzie and Daniel in front of one of the bears. Last year, Daniel was afraid of the bear. This year, he begged to have his picture taken in front of it.


The elephant is now part of the center exhibit at the Bean Museum, and this is a shot from the upper balcony. Then, Jeffrey being crazy with another one of the bears. The bottom pictures are of Daniel and Ellie, hamming it up in front of Shasta, the Liger (it's pretty much my favorite animal). Shasta was donated to the Bean Museum by the Hogle Zoo, where Rick remembers going and seeing her when he was a child.


We continued our day on campus by going and watching Dailie dance in her culminating showcase for her camp. I actually did not take any photos, since they will be sending us a DVD of the performance in the mail. I decided to just watch and enjoy. It was amazing to see what she had learned in just 2 1/2 days. She danced a Mexican dance, two Polynesian dances, an Indian dance, a Russian dance, and two square dances. She had a great time. I did manage to snap a photo of her with her counselor, Jen.

After her dance, we couldn't pass up the opportunity for some ice cream at the Creamery. The Taylors joined us, and afterward we followed them down to Springville, where we were to stay for the remainder of our trip.

2 comments:

MarySquare said...

Oh Charity, you remind me of my sister Amy so much. She is a true blue cougar too and I think she sings the fight song in her sleep. She even named her two boys, Steve and Ty, after Steve Young and Ty Detmer. She even tried to get hired by BYU in their legal department.

I mean hey, I love the BY, but you two must bleed blue.

Charity said...

I definitely bleed blue : ). I haven't gone so far as to name by children Steve and Ty, or LaVell and Bronco, though.