Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hanging Out and Holding Puppies

During the day Monday, and most of Tuesday, Eliza, Audri, Daniel and I had a great time just hanging out with Tera, Amy and Addy. It was good times, and I thoroughly enjoyed the time to just slow down, relax, and be on vacation. We didn't have planned events, we slept in, I stayed up late talking with Tera : ). It was just great. Tuesday we went swimming, which was fun. Tuesday evening the kids and I met up with our friends, the Thornleys, at IHOP. It was good to see MaryAnn and Tracy and their kids. Rick and I lived in the same 4-plex as MaryAnn and Tracy when we were first married. We became good friends, the kind you keep forever, and we try to see them at least for a little bit when we get to Utah.



As we were driving away from IHOP, we saw this guy selling Chihuahua puppies in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. Well, he was set up in the grassy area. Audri and Eliza LOVE puppies, and especially little dog puppies. I couldn't pass up the chance, so we swung in, just so they could hold one. I told the guy we were from Illinois, and had no intention of buying the puppy (there was just one left), but could my kids just look at and maybe even hold the puppy. He was fine with that, and as you can see from the pictures, the girls were in heaven.



3 comments:

Tera said...

Loved the late night (or early morning) talks! It was so fun to have you all here.

Anonymous said...

Puppies are so cute. Especially when you are just borrowing them:}

Andrea said...

Aww puppies! I constantly have to suppress the urge to go to the shelter and adopt every single puppy they have. Your post didn't help that at all...thanks.