Sunday evening I drove Dallin to Provo and checked him into his camp at the Heritage Halls Central Building on BYU Campus. I then helped him take his things to his room in Rogers Hall. It was all very surreal to me. Rick and I met while we both were living in Heritage Halls at BYU. Memories flooded my mind as I dropped Dallin off there. Dallin attended the Young Musicians' SummerFest. Click on the link to learn more about it. It was a weeklong camp where Dallin focussed on Jazz Piano. He had a great time, and learned so much. He took classes in jazz theory, and leanred some on the organ. He performed in a jazz combo and a big band. I'll tell more about his performances later. The counselors were great, as evidenced by the welcome they gave to the students as they entered the hall.
The next morning I checked Dailie into her dance camp at Helaman Halls. This was the same camp she attended last year, the International Folk Dance Camp, only this year she was old enough to stay on campus. She stayed at Taylor Hall, and made some good friends, learned LOTS of dances in 2 1/2 days, and loved every minute of it.
I love that my kids are able to attend these camps at BYU. They love the atmosphere, and get to expand their talents while meeting great people at the same time. It does, however, seem very strange to have them living in dorms, going to classes, etc.
3 comments:
Ha ha, it won't be long before they're not just living in dorms for a weeklong summer class. Before you know it, they'll be gone for an entire school year working toward a degree of some kind.
The only reason I can say this with a sly grin on my face is that mine will be far behind yours in this progression, although I'm told that even with my kids it won't feel very long.
Glad to hear they had so much fun. That reminds me, I oughta get Dallin's cell # so I can randomly text him asking him where he is. LOL.
They are growing up so fast! It was so fun to have you guys stay for a while. I love spending time with you guys!
my phone number is (309) 229-6006
Post a Comment