The kids and I have just returned from our adventure out West. If you've been following my blog for awhile, you might recall that I did this last year as well. Once again, I drove the kids by myself to Utah. I'm a little crazy. Ok, I'm a lot crazy, but you know, we made it just fine, and we had a lot of fun in the process. We missed Rick terribly and are glad to be back home with him. Here are a few pics of our trip out.
First stop was breakfast in Iowa. We pulled out of Peoria at 5 am, got about 3 hours of driving behind us, and stopped to picnic in Iowa. I was relieved that the rain had stopped by breakfast time, but it was definitely still chilly. Luckily the kids had their blankets to curl up in. The girls wanted to pose for pictures.
Next, there was a lot more driving : ). We made it through Iowa and into Nebraska for lunch. We threw the Frisbee a little, and were grateful for sunnier weather. And, we had more posing.
We drove most of the rest of Nebraska before stopping for the night in Sidney, Nebraska. We were able to get some dinner and still had time for some swimming in the hotel pool. I enjoyed a few quiet moments in the hot tub while the kids worked off some of their bottled up energy in the pool. Technology is great. We texted, called and sent photos to Rick all throughout our day, which helped us to not feel so bad about getting farther and farther away from him. The next morning, we had b'fast at the hotel, and hit the road shortly after 7. Wyoming was the state for the day, and I was relieved to drive across it without getting a speeding ticket!! We stopped at a Rest Area for lunch and were thrilled to see a HUGE prairie dog town right at the rest stop. We spent a long time observing the friendly little creatures who were obviously used to humans. They let us get very close, hoping we would feed them. The kids thought it was unfair that I said they couldn't. We pulled into G'ma and G'pa Jeffs' house in West Jordan around 4 pm, relieved to be out of the car for awhile.
Stay tuned for more info on our trip : ).
4 comments:
Looks like you guys a fun road trippers. I am glad you are back. Give ma a call sometime.
Yay no speeding tickets(or drug searches)! I didn't know that you were stopping in West Jordan. A friend of mine has a restaraunt there.
What's the restaurant? Rick is from West Jordan. That's where he grew up, and where his paretns still live.
It's called A Taste of Thai. My friend from high school served a mission in Thailand and married a girl from there and when they moved back to the states they opened the restaraunt. Here's the link..
http://www.eatattasteofthai.com/
You'll have to try it out next time you are there since I doubt I'll get out that way any time soon...:)
Post a Comment