- Referring back to the title of this blog, Elder Perry's talk on the simple things in life. I want to stop letting the voices from the great and spacious building have such an impact on how I live my day to day life. I know the things that are important in life, and I must focus on those.
- I thrilled at the announcement of 5 new temples!!! Rome, Italy?? Won't that make quite the news story when the Pope attends the Open House of a Mormon temple, right in Rome (assuming he will, of course)? And did you realize that Independence, MO is in the greater Kansas City area? Just an interesting point, not claiming any prophecy : ).
- Elder Holland's talk on angels took me back to that week two months ago when, along with the rest of the Jeffs family, we experienced so many angelic gestures from many angels walking around right here in Peoria.
- Unity from Pres. Eyring. I thought of the unity I desire my family to have. Pres. Eyring spoke of the ways FHE can help to unify a family, as well as family prayer.
- Sister Dalton called for a return to virtue, something the world hungers for, in my opinion. Am I doing my part, or am I being drug down with the rest of society?
- A member of the YM General Pres. spoke on gospel teaching, and it caused me to think about my current calling as a RS teacher.
- Last week Pres. Uchtdorf taught the women of the Church about finding lasting happiness through creation and compassion. I marvelled at his understanding of women, and often felt he was speaking right to me. To me, this ties into returning to the simple life. How can we do it? By finding happiness is creation and compassion, as God does.
- Saturday Pres. Uchtdorf spoke of hope, something I find myself trying to cling to more and more as the world appears to be more troubled.
- Someone spoke of Elder Maxwell's saying of leaving our summer home in Babylon. I know I keep that summer home handy when I have a desire to live in the world a little, and I think it's time to be rid of it once and for all.
- Pres. Monson spoke of living for the todays. Enjoying the moment. It seems like he wasn't the only one who spoke of such things. Someone told me I would miss the fingerprints on my walls one day, and I couldn't help thinking of my last blog post. I will miss this all one day, and I must embrace it while I can.
- From Elder Wirthlin: Come what may, and love it!!!
Thanks for listening to my pondering on Conference. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did!!
3 comments:
Conference was amazing! More than any other time, I felt like a majority of the talks were for me. Many of the ones I would have posted on are the ones you mentioned. Thank goodness we get our buckets filled 2 times a year. Thanks for this post. Love it!
Yes, Conference was wonderful!
I loved Elder Holland's talk on angels.
During Music and the Spoken Word Sunday morning, I heard this quote that I really like. It was something like, "Learning to love is life's greatest labor, and also life's greatest joy."
So many talks I already want to go back and read/listen to. I'm so glad that we can!
Thanks for this wonderful post. I have been rolling thoughts around in my head about how to sum it up and you did it for me! :-)
Another "nugget" for me was from the priesthood session when Elder Uchtdorf told a story about moving a grand piano from the chapel to the cultural hall once in a meetinghouse in Germany. One man said in order to accomplish this difficult task they needed to "stand close together and lift in the place where you stand." He likened this to how if we're going to move the work of the Lord forward, we need to "stand close together, and lift in the place where we stand."
Post a Comment