Friday, October 24, 2008

Brandon Mull




Brandon Mull, LDS author of the Fablehaven series, visited Dallin and Dailie's school today. Since Dailie was wearing a BYU shirt (I recommended this), she was chosen as a volunteer for part of the assembly. He said he had gone to BYU, and that was why he chose her. Anyway, all the volunteers got these T-shirts, and he signed them!! He'll be at Barnes and Noble tonight signing books, and we're hoping to make it there. Pretty cool, huh?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How clever of you to have her wear a BYU shirt! That's really neat, and pretty amazing that he spotted the shirt. Did the rest of the family get to meet him at B & N? I've always thought it would be fun to meet an author of a book that I've read. The only time I can recall this was being in a lecture given by Toni Morisson, author of several books including The Bluest Eye, Tar Baby, Jazz (this is the one that I had read for class before attending her lecture), and Beloved.

Charity said...

Unfortunately we did not get to see him at B&N. Rick and I had dinner with the Bishopric set up for 6:30, and we learned that Brandon Mull would not be there until 6:30. I learned from someone who did go that they stood in line for 2 hours!!!