
We've bought the plane tickets, and booked the hotel. It's official. This country bumpkin, who has never lived in a city bigger than Peoria (metropolitan area 370,000), is about to travel to the second largest city in the world (metropolitan area 20,000,000)!! I've only been out of the country once, when I was five and went with my family to Canada, but I have ALWAYS wanted to travel the world. First stop, Mexico City. I'm very excited (maybe you could tell). I'm also very glad Rick will be with me, since he's been there before, and he knows Spanish : ).
On Nov. 16 the Mexico City Temple will be rededicated after it's renovation. We will fly out of Chicago the morning of Thurs. Nov. 13, and spend 5 days, 4 nights in Mexico City. We'll get to attend the re dedication on Sunday as well as the cultural presentation that is planned for Saturday night. The temple was part of Rick's mission when he was there, and for a portion of his mission he lived in an apartment right by the temple. Rick has always said he would never take me back to his mission. He served in an area of the city that is not so safe. He felt he was protected as a missionary. Needless to say, we'll be staying in a different part of the city.
I'm sure you'll all be hearing much more about both the preparations for this trip, and the actual trip itself : ). The last time we had a "getaway", just the two of us was for our 10th anniversay, 5 years ago. We did go to Tennessee with my parents and siblings a couple of years ago, but we took 9 month old Daniel since he was still nursing. We're long overdue for a getaway. Wow!! We're going to Mexico!!!
6 comments:
Great post! The pictures add a great touch! I'm so excited for you! The square in downtown Mexico City is really cool. I bet the celebration and the re-dedication will be so awesome! Hooray for you and your sweetie to get away and celebrate 15 years of bliss! Well, marriage anyway :-)
That's awesome! What a great getaway for you two! Yay for authentic tacos, sombreros, BOTTLED water, and mariachi music! Enjoy!
Good for you! You guys deserve a getaway!
That's great that you have this opportunity. I'm happy for you both and hope that preparations and the trip itself go smoothly.
Have a great time!! It's always great to get away, no matter where you go, but to be able to go somewhere fun AND out of the country is way neat!!
I'm sooooo jealous, but figure it's a well earned trip for you. I want details - when is it?
Post a Comment