So we had a blood drive a the Church tonight. I try and donate blood regularly, although it has been since March that I last donated. I went in to donate, and I was rejected!! My iron was too low. I'm not sure what was up. I've always been fine with my iron before, and I even had broccoli for dinner before I went. It might explain why I've felt so tired the last couple of days. Guess I'll try again later!!

I found this funny cartoon when I did the Google search for the above image. I thought it was pretty funny, so I figured I'd share it with y'all.
2 comments:
That's the worst--trying to do something good and not being able to. I have never donated blood. I should try it. It has just always freaked me out, but Kevin was the recipient of many bags of blood so I should just do it. Can you take supplements to increase your iron?
I have have been rejected a couple of times. They have told me both times to come back in a month and each time my iron level has been fine. I don't know why it is sometime low but I wouldn't worry about it unless it continues.
Post a Comment