Thursday, April 2, 2009

To Fool or Not to Fool...

That is the question.

At least it is for me every year on April 1. I personally love playing April Fool's jokes on people, but I've kind of stopped doing them. I can't decide why. Have I finally "matured", or am I no longer creative enough to think of them? I had a couple of elaborate stories made up to post here on my blog yesterday, but in the end I decided against it. I used to get my sister Amy every year, and always had lots of fun doing it : ). Anyway, did any of you pull off any good ones yesterday, or did you have one pulled on you? My brother Andy had me going yesterday for a little bit when he posted on our family website that he and his wife were pregnant with triplets. This one was more believable because they have embryos frozen from an in-vitro fertilization previously done. My favorite is one that neither happened to me nor was pulled off by me. My brother-in-law Dave was the brunt of this one several years ago. Someone replaced the filling in a package of Oreos with toothpaste and told him they were mint Oreos. The sad thing is how many he ate before realizing, or being told(if I remember the story right). I laughed and laughed when they told me that story. I'd love to pull something off like that.


So, share, share, share. Give me a good laugh for the day : ).

An April Fool's joke gone bad....

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Don't ever get too "mature" to pull an April fools joke! I think it's all downhill after that happens... :) I don't have any good pranks but at my brother's office they like to wrap computers in saran wrap, fill cubicles with packing peanuts, etc. They come up with some great ones!

Mrs. Mike said...

I'm lame and didn't even think about April Fool's day, but Luke was all excited about it when he woke up, so while he was at school I went to the store and bought some chocolate rocks. They look pretty realistic. When he got home I told him I had an after school snack all ready for him and handed him a bowl of rocks. Once he figured it out, he thought it was fun. Not the best prank ever, but it was something!

Unknown said...

I'm normally a huge fan of April Fool's day, but I didn't pull a single prank on anyone this year. I'm not sure why either. This year I had a lot going on at work to keep me from coming up with any good pranks, although mine are usually pretty lame. Perhaps next year I'll come up with something good.

My favorites are the pranks put on by Gmail each year.

Kendall and Melissa said...

This year we were trying to explain April Fools to Avri and Talmage. Avri really caught on to it and was having a blast. Some of her jokes were...well...juvenile. But she came up with some pretty funny ones. I took her to tumbling and she said, "Mom, I don't feel like tumbling today....APRIL FOOLS!" I thought it was pretty good for a 3 year old.