Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just Another Day in Paradise

Daniel just threw a major fit in Wal-Mart because I would not buy him the Lightning McQueen art set he found. It went on for awhile, including fighting me to get into his carseat for about 5 minutes. I just wonder what the lady in the craft department who kept looking at me expected me to do. Spank him? Buy it? I'd love to read people's minds at times like that. No Fun. Unfortunately these are becoming more frequent with Daniel.

BTW- I did not buy the art set, although two days ago in Sam's I did buy the Lightning McQueen shorts set he begged for. Most likely the event in Sam's led to both his behavior, and mine in Wal-Mart today. Thank you Sam Walton : ). Maybe if you hadn't made things so cheap and accessible I wouldn't have so many of these encounters!!!!

(I am not blaming Sam Walton for my parenting ineptitude. I fully recognize that I have been worn down from the 13+ years of parenting already under my belt. But I think I have a point....)

2 comments:

Scottie and Tasha said...

Ha Ha- Brookelle is just starting to throw fits (not my favorite stage). For you Lightning McQueen for us TINKERBELL!

Lewis Times said...

Oh, this Walmart incident. I have to admit Abie seems to be coming closer to having these melt downs herself - not so excited about this phase....