Friday, March 27, 2009
Welcome Home, Dallin!!
Dallin came home today, dirty, tired, and happy. It's good to have him home. The family feels complete again. He had a great time. Dallin tends to be quiet and reserved at school with his classmates. Because the outdoors is a place he feels really comfortable, he was able to show a different side of himself, both to the teachers there and to the students. He helped his team win some orienteering contests, enjoyed the team building tasks, and was surprised to find he greatly enjoyed and appreciated the craft time. We had fun as a family sitting around asking various questions about what he did throughout the week. I have to admit it gave me a glimpse into the future. Not so many years from now (about 7 1/2), I can visualize us sitting around, welcoming Dallin home, asking him questions about a much longer time away from home, when once again he will learn much about himself. I'm glad I have more time with my "little boy" at home before he leaves for a mission, but I am also so happy to see him learning, growing and maturing into such a fine young man. Glad to have you home, Bubby : ).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad he made it home safe and sound. Only 7 1/2 years?! That is crazy, and the time will certainly fly!
I can't believe that it's already been a week since you posted saying that he was taking a trip.
You know yesterday I overheard Caleb asking Audri how old she was on the phone and hearing her (she was on speakerphone at the time) respond 10 years old. I was stunned as I reminded myself that she was just 2 when Kelly and I got married... man does time fly.
Post a Comment