Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Mom's Life

You know, sort of like Pixar's A Bug's Life. It could be a good movie. Anyway, it's about 10:30 in the morning. A lot of mornings I'm not even out of my pajamas yet, but this morning I've already showered, gotten dressed, administered to a sick child (taken temp and given Ibuprofen), packed two school lunches, sent one Middle Schooler off on the bus, taken Audri to the orthodontist, learned how to turn the key in her new expander, dropped her off at school and gotten a haircut. Driving home from my haircut, I wondered if I had eaten breakfast this morning. And then I remembered. I ate one bowl of cereal that Audri poured and didn't like, and then I finished off the half bowl of Mini Wheats that Dailie left. Sounds like A Mom's Life.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great idea. If the movie really takes off, then you could have companion films, A Dad's Life, A Son's Life, A Daughter's Life, etc.

All that moms manage to accomplish in one day amazes me. It sure puts my accomplishment of reading around 50 resumes to shame. Keep up the good work.

Charity said...

Remember the point was that some days I haven't even gotten dressed at the same point in my day. It's never the same day twice, I guess.

Andrea said...

this made me smile :) I can't wait to have my own "mom's life"...half eaten cereal and all...

mattandhonor said...

Sounds familiar!! Today I "bribed" Delainey with McDonald's if she would endure two visiting teaching visits and a presidency meeting all before lunch!!

Amy T said...

And you should definitely quote "A Bug's Life" when talking about any food preparations: "They come, they eat, they leave. That's our lot in life; it's not a lot, but it's our life"!

Tell Audri good luck from me with her expander! And trust me (Charity), it really does hurt! I'm glad I did it though so that my bite would work right.

So, yeah, Charity, tell us when the screenplay is written for "A Mom's Life"!

Andrea Hardman said...

Sounds like a fantatic movie. I'd totally pay money to see that.

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

I am glad that I am not the only one that is still in pajamas at 10:30 in the morning. Tell Audri good luck with the expander. I had one of those and it was not fun.