
It was really a great day, a lot of fun to be together as a family. It was cold, and we began to understand the name "Windy City" at a more personal level. I liked this night shot outside the front of the museum. It may not be very crisp, but not bad for a Blackberry.

After we left the museum we decided to be adventurous and eat in Chinatown. It took us a little while to figure out where to park, and where to go, but we did it, and we had a good time. I think the kids liked it, although I'm sure they didn't quite appreciate it as much as we wish they would. McD's on the way home would have been better in their book, but it's all about the experience, right? And seizing the day!! Carpe diem! Eliza did say, "I didn't know China was in Chicago!" We did a little explaining, and our little inquisitive one still had questions when we got home. She had been sleeping in the van for over an hour, but when I took her to her bed, she woke up and said "why are there so many Chinese people in Chicago?". I tried to explain that there's really just a lot more people overall in Chicago. Not sure how much she soaked in, but it obviously made an impression on her.
Fun times.
2 comments:
China in Chicago! Too cute! I used to think the auto place on Farmington Road with the arch was St. Louis! I didn't figure it out until I was a little older and we took a trip to the real St. Louis.
Good times, sounds fun.
Post a Comment