Monday, March 8, 2010

Table for Two

Blogger is being annoying, and I don't feel like waiting until it wants to cooperate. So, I'm doing this post in the random order that it decided to put these pictures on, since it won't let me move them around. Anyway, this past weekend, Rick and I got away. We went to San Antonio, Texas. We decided to get away for our birthdays, both which fall in the month of March. Rick has been wanting to take me to San Antonio ever since he went for business some time ago. Away we went. The picture above is of Rick at Mission San Jose, a Spanish mission built 250 years ago. This was one of 3 missions that we visited, in addition to the Alamo, which I'm standing in front of in the picture below. There was a lot to see and read at the Alamo. It's amazing how much more I can learn about a place when I can actually take the time to read everything!!

Here we are at one of our many tables for two. What a different experience to walk up to an eating establishment and ask for a table for two, instead of for 7, every meal of the day : ). There are so many great places to eat along the Riverwalk in San Antonio. The difficulty was in deciding where to eat, and what to leave out. One of the things we wanted to be sure to get was Texas Barbecue, and this was where we got that. Yummy lunch!! Oh, and we couldn't leave out the cheesecake!!!
Our first night in San Antonio, Rick at made reservations at the Chart House Restaurant at the top of the Tower of the Americas, pictured below.The restaurant rotates, making one rotation in about 1 1/2 hours, giving you a view of the entire city while you have dinner. Our reservation was just at the right time. We sat down as the sun was starting to set, so we saw the view in daylight, during sunset, and in the dark, with the city all lit up. It was beautiful and delicious, and the company was just perfect too.

And, here's the Riverwalk. It's just beautiful, and amazing that it is tucked in the middle of a busy, bustling city. It was like descending the stairs to enter a whole new world.

We had a great time together. Thanks to my mom and dad for coming to stay with the kids.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun. Glad you had some time away from the same ol', same ol' to spend some time together.

Rulene said...

San Antonio is a fun place to visit. We loved it there when we went last spring. You're right about all the fun restaurants. I was glad that they had menu's posted outside so you could walk along and decided from them where you wanted to go.

Carrie Wood said...

Looks like a great trip! Good job taking the time to get away1

Mrs. Mike said...

Looks like you had fun! I'm sorry to see you wearing jackets, though. I would have hoped Texas would be a little warmer for you. Still, it was probably warmer than home!

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

I am jealous! I want to get away.)

Tera said...

What fun! It looks like a beautiful area. You both look great as well. Glad you had a good get away!

Amy T said...

Great pictures; it looks like an awesome place to visit!

The Sims Family said...

What a fun time away together! San Antonio looks like a great place to see.

Kendall and Melissa said...

What a fabulous trip! And I can't think of two people who deserve it more! Even Kendall's and my overnight trip to Nauvoo was like a breath of fresh air. I'm so glad you got some good time together! The Sadler's were just telling us about how great San Antonio is. I want to go visit now!

Carolee said...

So, I guess we copied you and didn't know it........we went there in April. Isn't it beautiful!