Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dallin's Cell

...and I don't mean phone.

This is Dallin's biology project. He had to make a model of a cell. He built this out of wood- cut it out with the scroll saw, put the hinge on, etc.
On the inside are all the parts of a cell- the nucleus, ribosomes, mitochondria, cytoplasm, vacuoles, etc. He was very creative in his use of materials for each of these items.


Just another angle. I thought it turned out pretty awesome, or as Dallin might say, "Epic".

10 comments:

Tera said...

That is amazing! Such talent. Way to go Dallin. Could you send some of your creative vibes my way?

Amy T said...

Awesomely epic! Jeffrey wants to know what the model is made of.

Lindsey said...

Yea! The pics did turn out. They look great. What a talented kid.

The Sims Family said...

That is pretty awesome, Dallin. Way to go!

Unknown said...

This looks like a kewl project. As a former Purdue Biology TA and general science geek, I have to know, is it a plant or animal cell? Based on the picture, I'd have to guess plant cell, because of the rigid cell walls. :-) Looks like Dallin had a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

yah its a plant cell.

mattandhonor said...

Oh my word!! "Epic" has been one of Andrew's words!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!! I can't believe that halfway across the country they have the use the same term!!

The cell looks awesome by the way!

Mindy Dean said...

that is SO cool.

Carrie Wood said...

So impressed. A+

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

That is very creative!