Thank you to our angels:
Randy Fortuna, for coming over Sunday evening and then accompanying the family to the hospital, and staying until wee hours of the morning.
Christopher, Amy and Stephen Fortuna, who came to stay with the children when we as adults went, on Kevin's request to the hospital for him to say good-bye.
Julie Fortuna and Karrie Alms (and probably others) , who stayed on Wednesday night at the Church ironing table cloths for the wedding reception.
Dr. Aiya, the mother of a friend of Dailie's, who reassured Kevin at the hospital and was a source of strength for all of us.
Will, the medical delivery guy who brought the hospital bed to our house so that it would be ready when Kevin arrived.
the chaplain from hospice care, who, without knowing Kevin at all, could feel that he was a man of faith.
the EMTs, who picked Kevin up from our house Sunday night. I remember them being so loving and caring, above and beyond what I felt was expected.
Susan Garcia, who was found miraculously available and capable of working with fondant on the day Kelly needed help with the wedding cake.
Susy McGowan, whose services were not needed in the end, but was willing to sit with Kevin and Tera so that the family could attend Sarah and Lee's wedding in Nauvoo. This was not needed, since Kevin slipped away the evening before the wedding, and was able to make it to the wedding in spirit, since his body could not go.
I am certain there were many more seen and unseen angels. These are a few that I remember and want to acknowledge. It is a wonder and a miracle that God loves us each so much to be a part of the details our lives. I see it is a lesson to all of us about what is important in life, and where we should be looking to help in the lives of others.
We love you, Kevin!!
4 comments:
Thank you for this post. And thank you to all those angels who truly helped us make it through that week. I love them for their selfless service. I will never forget them and their kindnesses.
Once again, you inspire and lift my life. I truly hope that one day I can learn to be as thoughtful and insightful as you are!
Thanks, Charity, for your post. I, too, am grateful for all those angels you mentioned.
Thanks to all the angels. I just hope that when someone else needs an angel that I can act like those angels did for us.
Thanks Charity for your post.
Post a Comment