Friday, May 15, 2009

Dallin, Dailie, and Music

Last night was Fine Arts night at Washington Middle School. Dallin and Dailie were very involved. Dallin was asked to help out with 6th grade band (which Dailie was already in, playing orchestral bells), playing trumpet and bass keyboard. Dailie was asked to join the 7th and 8th grade orchestra, due to the lack of cellos (Dallin plays violin). Dailie was asked to join the 7th and 8th grade band, playing the bells. Dallin plays trumpet on some songs, and bass keyboard on others. So, other than the 5th grade beginners band, they were both in all the groups. They were busy. Today they were supposed to play at the Courthouse square, as part of a Brown Bag Concert series they do downtown, but it rained. It rained a lot today. So, they did the concert in the gym at school. Daniel and I went and watched. It was essentially the same concert last night, except the 5th graders didn't play, and the Jazz Band did, which Dallin is a part of. These pictures are from today, and I even got a video on here!!! The video is the Jazz Band. Dallin switches between bass keyboard and piano for the jazz band.


Dailie on cello

Full Band. Dailie is in the back left, playing the bells. The top of Dallin's head can be seen in the back right. He's playing the bass keyboard.

Dallin on trumpet
Full orchestra. You see the back of Dailie. All you can see of Dallin is his leg to the left of the director: ).
Dallin at work on the bass keyboard.

Dallin on violin
Dailie on bells. Not sure why her eyes turned out so funky looking. I tried to fix them, but couldn't.

The video showcases Dallin on the piano (which is actually a keyboard).

5 comments:

Andrea said...

What talented kids! Makes me miss my band days..

Still due for that lunch. Did you get my reply email? It was from a new email address so I hope it wasn't blocked. Let me know.
Hugs

Tera said...

Impressive! It seems that all of their hard work has paid off. Thanks for all the fun pictures. It was like playing "where's waldo?" And I found them in every picture!

Andrea said...

Okay, sent you an email also but since it's being hard to get along with I am messaging you here too. The 29th is fine for me. You pick the time & place. I don't have anything scheduled yet for that day.
Hugs!

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

What talented kids! Good job guys. I can't wait to see you guys when you come out and perform with your camps.

Andrea Hardman said...

It must be so rewarding to have all that practicing pay off in great preformances. Rewarding for you AND for them!