Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Finally, After Fifteen Years


Tonight, Rick and I leave for Chicago to fly early tomorrow morning to Mexico. This is largely to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. This is the first time the two of us have flown ANYWHERE without children. This is the first time we have been out of the country together, and it is the first time in 5 years that we've been anywhere without any of our children. Our honeymoon was great, but it was at a State Park in Indiana. We've taken other trips together, but one was to Wisconsin, the other Nauvoo. I'd say it's time. I mean, how do we even know if we're really compatible globally : )? Anyway, we're excited for the trip, and starting to doubt our sanity as well (you know, the last minute- are we CRAZY?). Crazy or not, tomorrow at this time we'll be halfway there in the sky, and by tomorrow evening we'll be eating tacos or tamales or something yummy, and I won't understand a word people are saying (ok, I do know a few words from Dora and Diego)!!! Enjoy the picture. The quality is not that great, and I'd say we look just a LITTLE different, but I thought it set a nice tone for the post!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely picture! Of course, I think I've probably seen it before. It's so neat to see how people change over time.

Congratulations on 15 years. It truly is an amazing accomplishment, considering how sane both of you still are. :-)

You definitely deserve the trip. I suspect that Mexico will prove to be only marginally different from Indiana state parks, some place in Wisconsin, or Nauvoo, but you'll enjoy it all the same. :-D Just teasing.

I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. I thought of you guys on Sunday because they announced that the rededication was going to be broadcast at our building, but only in Spanish. How dare they? :-) I think they're supposed to broadcast the festivities of Sat. night too. I assume you're going to that too? Have fun and cherish every moment!

Rulene said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!! And of course I'm jealous. But it wouldn't do me a bit of good to go since I can't understand Spanish. I'm sure you'll see some very interesting things. And like Ed I look forward to hearing about them. Where are the kids staying?
HAVE FUN!!!

Tera said...

Have a great time! I look forward to all the pictures and posts after the trip.

Andrea said...

I believe you are probably in the sky at this point but I figured I would tell you to have a great time anyway :) Enjoy the mariachi music!