Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rise and Shout

Saturday was opening day for Cougar Football season, so up went the banner! Eliza and Daniel had a lot of fun helping me put it up. We had a fun time watching the game at the Riries. Thanks!! We had even more fun since the Cougs won!! Go Cougars!!



We rounded out the holiday weekend with a quick camping trip. We've been talking for a long time about going camping with our Emergency Preparedness backpacks, so we finally did it. Ate MREs and everything. We "sounded the alarm" Sunday night, grabbed the backpacks, and took off. Ok, Rick and I did do a little prep before that, like putting the big tent and sleeping bags in the van. We had a fun time together as a family.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Go Wolverines! :)

Amy T said...

I love the great banner! How long have you had it? There were some great catches in the game; it was so fun to be there to see them in person!

Charity said...

We started the banner back in Lafayette, to hang from our arch at the house on Tranquil Trail, but never actually hung it there. I finished it up here, and I think last season was the first season we finally got it hung up. You can tell it's the "old" Y design. That's what you get when you wait too long on a project, I guess : ). Speaking of catches at the game, Rick told me last night that Dennis Pitta caught everything that was thrown at him on Saturday. Pretty impressive, if you ask me. Go Cougars!!

Arin and Troy said...

Oh my gosh! I just talked to my sister and her husband, Pete, has to be the Elder Vanderlinden that you knew. He served his mission in Indiana about 9 years ago, I think he just turned 30 and his uncle also served in Indiana too! My sister is going to tell him when he gets home from work tonight, I guess your name would have been Jeffs as that time, right? What are your parents names? It is such a small world! You will have to look on their blog and see if he looks familiar to you. They are the 'Jen & Pete' link on our blog.

Anonymous said...

Go cougars!