So, Sherpa Dave, as he came to be known, set up a great little backpacking adventure for Dallin, Rick, himself and his son, Jeffrey (this is Dave Taylor, my bro-in-law). Rick has been itching to get Dallin up in the mountains for a backpacking trip, and this seemed a great opportunity. His one regret is that Kevin was not feeling up to a hike of this magnitude, but they'll have to catch you another time, Kevin. So, they started at Stewart Falls, and hiked the backside of Timp. They were not able to get all the way to the lake that was their destination (Mirror Lake?) because of all the snow!!!! But they were able to have a great time sliding down the sheets of snow. The honest truth is, if you want more detail your going to have to convince Rick or Dallin to get on here and give them to you. Good luck with that....Anyway, they hiked back down the same day, camped that night and returned to us the next day. In spite of the fact that Dallin did get altitude sickness, they had a great time, and got some beautiful picutres, a small sampling of which I have provided for your viewing pleasure!! Thanks, Sherpa Dave for all your work to make this a success, and uh, sorry about the key incident...
As far as Dailie's dance camp- what a great experience!!! She loved it and wants to return again next year. It was a fantastic program, she learned so much in three days. She learned an African dance, Scottish dance, Polynesian dance, and one more I'm forgetting at the moment...At the end of the three days they did a showcase for family and friends, and I was really impressed. As well as learning dances she was able to spend time doing fun "stuff" with other LDS girls and boys who love to dance. They had a pool party, and a dance party of their own, where they brought in different dance groups, plus they had times during the day to just chill out, play games and get to be friends. She really loved it, and I'm so glad she got to do it.
After registering Dailie on Monday, I hit the BYU Bookstore where I could have spent a lot more money than I did, but instead tried to hold myself back. I was able to deck out the family in BYU gear for the upcoming football season, which we are VERY excited about!!! When I put Daniel's new little football jersey and hat on, he said, "Now I'm ready to play football. With Unga. I'm going to tackle him!!!" I love it!!! After that we ate at the CougarEat, it's just too bad you can't get a taco salad anymore....I loved being on BYU campus again. Although it's changed a lot, it still brought back lots of happy memories for me.
3 comments:
african,scottish,polinysion and POLISH!!!!!!!!!!
That was Dailie correcting me, signed in as me...
Those pictures are great. Looks like a great time. I think I would have rather camped there :)
I would love to see the dancing. C'mon Charity you can do it!
Post a Comment