Monday, July 7, 2008
Cougar Blue Jeffs
As I mentioned in my last post, one of the things we got to do while in Utah was spend a little time on BYU campus. We took the opportunity to get a family photo, decked out in BYU apparel, in front of the cougar statue in the new Athletic Training Facility. Unfortunately, it was the end of a long day, and Daniel had just woken up from a nap, so it wasn't quite as great as we had hoped for, but here it is, nonetheless...
The Bean Museum is always a favorite of our family's, and Daniel is currently very excited about bears. As a matter-of-fact, before the trip, Rick kept telling Daniel that he would get to see a bear in Utah (meaning the chance to see one at the Bean Museum). When we first arrived at the Taylors, Daniel kept insisting that we were NOT in Utah, because we had not seen a bear. I love the look of awe as he gazes up at these bears.
Audri holding a real live snake at the Bean Museum!! Eliza even had it around her shoulders!!!
This one is a little blurry, but I wanted to post it anyway, for two reasons. First, cause I think it's so darn cute, and secondly because of where it was taken. This picture was taken in the new Gordon B. Hinckley Alumni building at BYU. It was really nice to see it and feel the honor that it held for Pres. Hinckley. I especially liked seeing Marjorie Hinckley's chair in the building. At the groundbreaking, Pres. Hinckley expressed hope that her chair (which had already been placed in a building on campus to honor her) could be moved to his building so that they could be together again. The love that the two of them shared/share is an inspiration to me. I wish I'd taken a picture of the chair...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have really enjoyed seeing these photos. I haven't spent a ton of time on BYU's campus, but I'm almost certain I've been to that museum. One of my coworkers attended a conference held in the new Gordon B. Hinckley building and just kept going on about how spectacular the building is. I'd like to see it sometime myself. I can't wait to see you guys. It feels like it's just around the corner!!
I forgot to say in my earlier comment too that the family photo is really nice, it just looks like the clothes could stand to have a little more black and gold in them. ;-P (I know, I know, just kidding).
A LIVE snake!!! No thank you ma'am. Your girls are officially much braver than I am. And Daniel's cuteness totally cancels out the blurriness in that last picture :)
From Rick- I'm holding Daniel in front of the bears because he was scared to walk up that close on his own. He commented to me a minute or two after this picture about how good the bears were (behaving), that they were being nice. He didn't quite understand the dead and stuffed part.
Post a Comment