Saturday, June 11, 2011

End of the Year Wrap Up, aka the Brag File: Dailie

Dailie has had a great final year at Middle School.  She's officially a High Schooler- holy cow.  Apparently at Dailie's events I remembered the camera, and it had battery power, so I have pictures of her.  Dailie finished the year with straight A's.  At graduation she was awarded the American Citizenship Award, voted on by the teachers and given to one boy and one girl from the 8th grade class for high academic achievement as well as all around good citizenship and nice person.  I am so proud of her, and happy that others can recognize the goodness that I see in her.


She played in the Band and Orchestra at the final end of the year concert as well as at the Courthouse.  She has played cello in the orchestra and bells in the Band, but will be leaving both of them behind to pursue art in High School.


She also had her dance recital, where she danced in 5 numbers.  She is such a beautiful dancer, and I love to watch her dance.  I've decided to try to put a video on here of my favorite number that she did.  This is her dancing on pointe to "God Bless the USA".  It literally brought tears to my eyes as I watched her dance.  She's in white, on the second row at the beginning.



*I don't think this video is going to work right now, and I don't have time to mess with it right now.  I'll publish the post anyway, and maybe I can come back later and get the video on .

No comments: