Monday, February 14, 2011

Maybe the Groundhog was Right








On Groundhog's Day, this is what things were looking like around here.  It was a blizzard, dumped 15 inches of snow in 24 hours, and the kids had 4 days off of school.  As you can imagine, I had difficulty believing our furry friend when he said we would have an early Spring.

However, today it was 40 degrees by 9 am, and Thursday the high is 61.  Maybe that groundhog knows what he's talking about.....  I certainly hope so.  This little taste of Spring is definitely lifting my spirits.

3 comments:

Tera said...

We haven't had the snow, but we definitely had the cold. And yesterday I was walking around in short sleeves. I am with you...the sunshine and warmth lift my spirits too!

Amy Rose said...

I've been so grateful for this nice weather too.

And then today we all got sick and couldn't go outside. But I tried not to be too bitter.

Amy T said...

Loved yesterday's weather! However, this morning I'm shoveling snow off the sidewalk :-) It's coming your way, so enjoy today!!