I just read this in an interview with a mom on The Mormon Women Project, a blog I read, and I loved it so much I wanted to share it immediately. It captures a lot of what I've learned as a mom, and what has been reinforced with me this year as I have had all of my children in school. If I could go back and give myself advice at the time when I was home with 3 kids, hardly leaving the house, and sleep deprived, this is right along the lines of what I would say:
"There’s such a complete upheaval of life when couples start a family—when kids are small, it seems that they’ll always be with us and always be young. But the days of cuddling and crying and hugging and tantrums and everything else don’t last. Every day with our kids is a gift. What seeds are we planting now for our kids to take with them when they leave us?"
2 comments:
It really is hard to believe that these days don't last forever... thanks for the reminder.
I love the Mormon Women Project and read profiles there often to inspire me. I hadn't read this one yet so thanks for linking to it. It is especially interesting to me because I also graduated from the film program at BYU and I love to see what some of my fellow co-students are doing with their degrees and skills.
Post a Comment