Even though school doesn't start until next week, early morning Seminary started this week. As a result, I've been trying to get myself back on my school morning schedule. This morning I was out running at 6:30, and it felt like Fall. The crispness in the air, the smell, the sun shining, warning me that it would be hotter later in the day, yet reminding me to enjoy the remaining days of warmth, as colder days are ahead. You see, normally I love Fall, and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival by this time of year, but this year I have been reluctant to feel ready for Summer to be over and Fall to arrive. I'm not exactly sure why. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we've had a great summer together as a family. Or that I'll be entering a new stage of life with all my kids in school once school starts. Maybe because we just finished school shopping yesterday with a trip to Kohl's, where I bought, among other things, 7 pairs of shoes, none of which were for me. With school comes all the decisions to be made. What activities will each child participate in. Can I work out the schedule to drive them all where they need to go? Dallin has had some scheduling issues to work out with his classes at High School. Whatever the bottom line reason really is, I just haven't been able to give a resounding "Yes!" when people have asked if I'm ready for the kids to go back to school. It's time, and I can tell that it is. The kids are ready for a change in schedule. They're getting a little bored at home, but I just haven't felt ready.
Something about breathing in Fall this morning helped me make the switch. It was as if all the things I love about Fall came rushing into my head along with every breath of my run. I came back to the house ready. Ready for Fall and all it's pleasures. Beautiful colors. Crisp air. Sweatshirts and sweaters. Pumpkins and apples. BYU Football. Bike rides. Crunchy leaves. And yes, even back to school. Bring it on.
3 comments:
Well, I don't have "back to school kids" yet, but I love fall. For all the reasons you listed. I think there's just something really energizing for me about this season. Makes you want to get things done. :)
What are your thoughts on BYU going independent? I haven't heard anything about it for a while, so I am not sure if it happened...but if it did, what do you think?
I love this post. It makes me what my kids to be in school. And right now as I am typing this I am wishing they could. I am also ready for Fall but more importantly BYU football. I am sad though because we don't have cable anymore so no more watching it on TV :(
Post a Comment