Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dallin

Today Dallin is 15.
I'm sure every mother says this, but I somehow knew the moment Dallin was born that he was bound to be great. He entered this world off the charts, and has pretty much lived his whole life that way. It's hard to find another boy like him, although I really should start referring to him as a man, at least a young man, and not a boy anymore. I love having Dallin around. He's fun, witty and pleasant to be around. Here's a little sample. At some point on our vacation we were in the car and had been for awhile. The younger kids in the back seat were getting impatient and restless. I asked Dallin if he'd be willing to move to the back and work his Jedi mind tricks. He willingly squeezed in the back, between Daniel and Eliza, and before I knew it, they were laughing and giggling instead of complaining. We told him he had earned the rank of Master Jedi.
For his birthday, I made Dallin a Butterfinger ice cream cake. He had his cousins, Tanner and Adam over for the weekend, and they had lots of fun. If all teenage boys were like the three of these guys, this world would be a better place.

When Dallin was little I would always ask him if he would be my little boy forever. He would, of course, answer yes. I would then ask if he would still be my little boy even when he was bigger than me. He always told me he would. Well, it's been a few years now that he has been bigger than me, but he will always be my little boy forever.

2 comments:

MarySquare said...

Your post about Dallin has me crying. I don't want my little boy to grow up.

What a handsome man you are Dallin. Good luck in the next 15 years!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.