Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Glacier National Park

The next few posts will be focused on our trip to Glacier National Park. I thought I'd start things off with a video capturing some of the highlights of our trip (switch the settings to 480p for a clearer picture). I'll break down what we did each day in the next few posts. I'm hoping you won't get bored : ). To start out, here's a taste of our vacation by the numbers:

  • 831 pictures taken
  • 2500 vertical ascent of our longest hike, in feet
  • 30 miles hiked
  • 50 miles hiked, boated, rafted, and ridden on horseback
  • 7 new huckleberry fans in the world
  • 8000 feet, highest point hiked to
  • 5 total hikes that we went on
  • 10 miles, longest hike
  • 20 mountain goats sighted
  • 9 big horn sheep sighted
  • 1 black bear sighted
  • 2 and 3 class of rapids we braved on the Flathead River
  • 3 new states that we've been in- Washington, Idaho and Montana
  • 1 person thrown from the boat while whitewater rafting (Dailie)
  • 1 child left behind as the doors closed to the train going from Terminal 2 to Economy Parking at O'Hare International Airport (Dailie-don't worry, we got her back both times)


6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Poor Dailie! She might starting getting a complex. Maybe her family is really trying to get rid of her. Sad.

Hey, I think I'm totally going to take you up on that babysitting offer for doctor's appointments, so hold on tight for the ride. :-) Thank you, thank you. I don't know how we are supposed to do it without family around. Thank you.

Kelly said...

First - I love your song choose! I still remember when Rick introduced me to that version of the song. I instantly feel in love with it. And still listen to it on a regular bases.

Wow! It looks like you had a great family vacation! I can't wait to hear and see more. Keeping posting!

And I love your new blog background and family pics!

Tera said...

I am really glad that you were able to return home with Dailie. Scary! It looks like everyone had a great time. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Mrs. Mike said...

Wow, wow, wow! I'm almost crying at all that gorgeous scenery.

The Sims Family said...

Beautiful photos!! What a great place to visit. I want to go now! :)

Amy Rose said...

I loved reading all your posts about this trip, and all the beautiful pictures. You've made a believer out of me - I'm definitely adding this park to my list of places I want to see someday!