Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Family of Four

With Dailie and Audri in Utah, and Dallin at Youth Conference, Rick and I decided to take advantage of the time with a smaller family. Finding lodging in Nauvoo is tricky enough, but finding it for 7 people is tougher. There was a Ward Temple trip today, so we went over last night and stayed in this cute little cabin.


Daniel and Eliza loved it, especially the bunk bed, until it came time to decide who got the top bunk....
Another shot of the fun little cabin.
Friday night we went over to the temple. It was so beautiful lit up for the night.
Saturday morning we supplemented the fruit and chocolate milk that I had brought from home with some goodies from the Nauvoo Mill and Bakery. So yummy. Most of the rest of the day it poured down rain. While Rick was in the temple with his keys to the van, I locked mine in the van, so the kids and I couldn't do the things in Old Nauvoo that we had planned on. We had fun anyway at the Temple Visitor's Center and Temple Arrival Center.

It was different to be a family of four for a few days. It was funny to us because it felt so small, and easy to do things. I don't think we felt that way when we were really a family of four : ). It's all about perspective I guess.

While it comes with increased chaos and challenge, we'll be happy to be back to our family of 7 in a week, but in the meantime we tried to enjoy a little more personalized time with Daniel and Eliza. It was really a fun little getaway.

2 comments:

Tera said...

It looks like you had lots of fun. You guys know how to roll with the punches. Thanks for sharing 2 of your family with us Utah people. We sure had fun with them!

Mindy Dean said...

fun!