Friday, February 5, 2010

Two Teens, One Roof

As of today, there are officially two teenagers in my house.
Happy Birthday, Dailie!!

Actually, with teens like I've got, I have nothing to complain about. They are fun, interesting people, and I love having them both around. Here's a recent picture of Dailie with her new glasses. She's also wearing a shirt from her workshop and concert with Randy Sabien. This is who she spent her birthday with.
There was a workshop and concert with Randy Sabien, a world renowned jazz violinist, for the 7th and 8th grade orchestra students in the district scheduled for Dailie's birthday. Click on the link with his name if you'd like to learn more about him. They left school for the workshop around 12:30, and stayed until the concert began at 7 pm. So, most of the family did not see her on her birthday until after the concert. The concert was great. The music was very entertaining, and Dailie even had a solo!!

After the concert we decided to celebrate by going in the middle of a blizzard (well, not quite, but close) to get blizzards (at DQ, hee hee). Dairy Queen had a promotion where kids could get a free small blizzard with straight A's on their report card. I don't think they were too happy about that particular promotion when we walked in 20 minutes before they closed on a snowy Friday evening and ordered 4 free blizzards : ). Thank, you, Peoria Dairy Queen employee who filled that order with a smile. We did pay for the blizzard Rick and I shared, and Daniel's cone : ). Saturday will be a busy day as well, so we'll have a family b'day party on Sunday afternoon/evening, but it was fun to do a little celebrating at DQ on her ACTUAL birthday.


Dailie is a beautiful daughter, both inside and out. I am so happy that I call her both daughter and friend. I love you, Dailie!!

4 comments:

Tera said...

I hope the festivities today go well! What are you doing? Happy birthday Dailie!

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Dailie! Love you!

The Sims Family said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday! Bytheway, I like your new glasses, Dailie. :)

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

Happy Birthday Dailie!