Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Binky Fairy
Spurred by a visit to the orthodontist yesterday, where we learned that Audri (who had a binky when she slept until she was 4 1/2) will be getting an expander, the binky fairy visited Daniel's room last night. Daniel has more than one binky, and at the start of the night, he decided to put the two he currently can find out for the binky fairy. We told him that the binky fairy would then leave money for him to take to the store to buy a toy or some candy. At about 10:30, when he was still awake and I was very tired, Daniel decided to leave just ONE of the binkys, and that he would use the other one. At that point, I thought that was a great idea. This morning he was very excited to take the money from the binky fairy, combined with a little bit that he had in his bank to the store. We went to Big Lots where he found this cool set of Army guys!! He came right home to play with them. Hopefully this will be exciting enough that he'll choose to put his other binky out soon.
*Incidentally, Dallin's brain went right to work as we discussed the binky fairy at the dinner table. He asked, "How much does a binky cost?". We assured him the binky fairy would only come for children who actually used one, and she/he WOULD know the difference!!! Nice try, Dallin!! Maybe there's a clean room fairy, or a brush your teeth fairy, or a .... You get the idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great idea! Daniel's a bright kid, I'm sure that now the he sees how this binky fairy thing works, he'll drop the other one pretty quickly.
We're working on weening Heidi from her binky, and she's doing a great job, only taking it at times when it's time to sleep (I suspect that's the stage that Daniel was at before the binky fairy started visiting).
Dallin and I think a lot alike. I hope he reads this comment, because I couldn't help be laugh out loud at the image in my head of Dallin with a binky. Hahahaha!
Love it! You guys are so creative. I hope all goes well in your quest to rid him of the other binky.
Good luck. Oh, the woes of binkies! Do you think the binky fairy would work for Mercedes? I wish!
Post a Comment