Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back Home

We're back!!! I guess the biggest news is that we made it. It was a great trip, and will take many posts to catch you up on all that we did. So, I'll start with the drive out. The kids and I had a great time driving out together. They were great, travelled well, and Daniel was a potty champ!!! We stayed entertained listening to Weird Al Yankovich on Dallin's MP3 player. A favorite of the trip was "Albuquerque". We took pictures at rest areas in each of the states we passed through.

First stop, Iowa. After leaving home at 5 AM, we stopped in Iowa for breakfast. Lucky for us, there was this sculpture, perfect for an Iowa picture.


Next stop, Nebraska. We had lunch at this rest area, where there were more cool sculptures to play on, and perfect for pictures. We spent the night in Ogallala, Nebraska where the kids had a chance to swim and play on a nearby playground. Great for expending bottled up energy!!!


Wyoming was WINDY and then some!!! So I had the kids get in front of this monument (to the Mormon pioneers, incidentally), to show just how windy it was. We laughed and laughed at how windy it was.

Stay tuned for the next installment, of...The Trip West...

1 comment:

Tera said...

I am certainly glad you made it! It was so fun to have you all here. Thanks so much for the fun memories!