Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tag- You're It!!!

Rules? Answer these 8 questions and tag 5 people.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago? Interestingly enough, 10 years ago, I had a 2 1/2 year-old boy, just like today. Only at that time I didn't have any children older than my little boy, and I did have one younger; Dailie was 1. I often reflect on how much life is different now, what a different life Daniel is experiencing than Dallin did. Here's something Kelly will enjoy- 10 years ago was our trip to Virginia. Kelly came along with our little family on a vacation to Virginia where we visited Monticello, Williamsburg, Mt. Vernon, and really had a great time!!

2. 5 things on my to do list? Finish unpacking from TN, pack for UT, sign up for swimming at the YMCA, buy new Church pants for Daniel, grocery shopping

3. Snacks I enjoy? dried apricots, rice cakes, sunflower seeds, sugar snap peas (ok, this is wishful thinking. I want to lose some weight.....)

4. If I were a Billionaire what would I do? This is tough. I'm glad it's a billionaire, because one thing I've learned is money doesn't go near as far as I used to think it would. Remember being a kid and thinking $100 was SO much money. Now it's so easy for me to drop $100 at Wal-Mart, Kroger, Kohl's, or the GAS STATION, that it's sad. Then, when we were first married, $10,000 seemed like SO much money. Heck, that would be gone in a heartbeat- would make a nice dent in paying off the van, but it wouldn't even pay it off!!! A million dollars? Getting better, but it wouldn't buy the luxuries I once thought it would. So, with a billion I think I'd do all the usual- pay off the house, car (buy Rick the car of his dreams), set up a nice retirement nest egg as well as college savings plans for the kids. THEN, we'd start a restaurant, I think. It's mine and Rick's dream together. Also, I'd donate a large chunk to the Perpetual Education Fund. I get teary-eyed every time I even think about that program. I just think it's a wonderful, inspired thing. I think I'd also give $1 million to each of mine and Rick's siblings (maybe a little more to those who make their living in education, because they deserve so much more than what they are paid).

5. 3 Bad Habits? Spending too much time online, staying up late when Rick's travelling for work, gerneral unorganization and untidiness

6. Places I've lived? Crawfordsville, Indiana; Provo, Utah; West Lafayette, Indiana; Lafayette, Indiana; Peoria, Illinois

7. 5 jobs I've had? Taxi driver, nurse, professional wrestling referee, head chef, ok....I always hate this question, because in the world's standards, I have received a paycheck for very menial jobs. In reality- ice cream artist at Ice Cream Etc. (family owned ice cream shop), general fast food labor at Rax Restaurant (fast food with style, it was a lot like Arby's), nanny/babysitter, assembly line laborer at R.R. Donnelleys, sandwich artist at Blimpie's. Oh, I just remembered one more- cashier at Crawford's Foods. Nice jobs for someone who graduated Cum Laude from BYU....Eternal perspective, eternal perspective.....

8. 5 things people don't know about me? Most people who read my blog are family, so this will be hard. Plus, I'm not a very private person, as most of you also know. I talk a lot, and I talk a lot about myseld, but I'll try and come up with something...
-I climbed out of the window during Calculus class in high school. I then walked around the school and back in the front door where my teacher was having a discussion with a couple of other teachers. I said hello, walked past him and went back into class. He didn't even say anything to me. That was my point- the class was pointless!! The teacher was rarely in the room "teaching".
-I don't really follow the 10 second rule, or the 30 second rule. If it's something yummy, and it looks clean, I'll eat it : ).
-In 4th grade, I had a good friend named Jennifer Carlson. We used to get into arguments at recess, and it always made me sad. I would then go to the nurse and tell her I didn't feel well. I discovered that if I breathed really hot on the thermometer, I could make it register a low-grade temp (99 or so). They would always give me the choice of going home. Sometimes I did go home, sometimes, I just laid down in the office for awhile. I thought I was fooling my mom, and everyone else.
-Amy and I sang the Star Spangled Banner in harmony, a capella, at every home swim meet (we were both on the team)in high school. It's one of my happiest memories.
-I just saved over $300 a year on my car insurance by switching to GEICO. Really, I did.


I don't really know who to tag, bacause not that many people read my blog, but I'll tag Kelly, Kevin (Tera's already done a similar one), Ed, Rick (can I do that?), and Mary Ann (I still need your blogspot address....). I'm obviously stretching, so anyone else who happens to read my blog that I don't know about, feel free to be tagged, but let me know, so I can come read your answers!!!

No comments: