Since returning from Italy with Dailie in April, I have intended to share pictures and info about our trip on this blog. Believe it or not, that will actually be coming soon : ). For the sake of recording, I thought I'd document the reasons it has been difficult to accomplish that task. My life continues to get busier and busier, even when I think that it would be impossible to do such a thing. I continually make an effort to keep ahold of the important things in life. I'm not sure I'm doing it, but it is still an effort of mine. So here's what has happened since returning from Italy on April 5:
April 13- Affiliate DI tournament, where we learned that TWO teams that I was managing would be advancing to the Global Finals tournament in Knoxville, TN. That was very exciting, and meant that I would have 5 1/2 weeks to raise the funds (about $10,000), plan the trip, and get two teams ready to compete at that tournament. Luckily, Eliza's team had a very capable Assistant Manager who agreed to take the lead on her team, so that I could focus my energy on Dallin's team.
April 17- May17- Every morning, Dallin and I woke up at 4:00 in the morning, and made 40 cinnamon rolls to be sold at RHS to raise money for Globals. We never imagined it would go on that long, but they kept selling them, and in the end raised nearly $3000 just from cinnamon rolls. During this time I also helped plan and facilitate many other fundraising efforts for not only those two teams, but the other 3 area teams heading to Globals.
April 27- Rick and I went to Champaign for him to run a marathon, and I a half marathon, a first for each of us.
May 21-26- DI Global Finals at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. A great time with some great kids. Eliza's team finished 25th, and Dallin's team placed 8th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 1- the weekend after returning from Globals, was Dallin's HS graduation, where he spoke as Valedictorian. Also, that morning, he, Rick and I participated in a sprint triathlon, which turned into a duathlon due to the e coli levels in the lake. We had some family in town for graduation.
June 7-8- Dailie's dance recital
June 14- Dallin's graduation party at Detweiler park
June 24-30- Six Flags, Thompson family reunion and quick visit with Ed and Kelly Queen at Mammoth Cave
July 1-3- The Taylors were with us at our house for our few days at home.
July 3-13- Traveled Route 66 to get to Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico where Rick participated in training during the LDS Priesthood Leadership Conference. Dallin, Dailie and Audri went on a Mountain Trek, backpacking 30 miles. Daniel, Eliza and I had plenty of fun at the Philmont Training Center with various camp activities.
We're home now, and I have Girl's Camp to prepare for, which is Jule 29- Aug. 3. After that, we'll have a couple weeks before school starts, and another week before Rick and I take Dallin out to BYU. Needless to say, the summer is flying by. My hope is that I'll find some time in the next two weeks, while preparing for Girl's Camp, to get the Italy trip up on the blog.
2 comments:
Wow, you are super busy, and basically superwoman. I am so glad Dallin is headed to BYU. :)
Amazing! Meanwhile, I've achieved my summer goal of being current with Downton Abbey...
Looking forward to the Italy pics. :)
Post a Comment