Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kangaroos, Cousins, Cookies and Creativity!!

I feel like I should have spelled all of those with a K, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Anyway, I have found that blogging hasn't been as easy to get around to lately, and that kind of makes me sad, but here's a whopper of a post that combines a few things into one (since they all sounded so great together).

Sunday night my brother David's family, sans David who had to work, came to stay with us during their Fall Break. My kids still had school, but they came to hang out with us anyway. I thought it was awful nice of them, and it was sure fun to spend a little time together. They were here Monday and Tuesday, and both days Tanner went to Seminary with Dallin. Tanner's 16 and has his license, so both mornings he drove and they went out for breakfast after, before Dallin had to be at school. Monday evening, along with some games together for FHE, we treated them to a couple of Peoria specials with Firehouse Pizza for dinner, and the Spotted Cow for dessert.

The decision making process, complete with sample spoons : ).
Audri and Grant, enjoying their selection.
Ice cream makes me smile!!
Tuesday, Julia spent painting. She is super talented, and if you've been in my house, you've seen her work in my kitchen. On Monday we stewed about what she might paint. See if you like the result.

This is my entryway, and there are a few finishing touches she'll come back later to do. I'll have to post more pictures when she does.
I don't feel like I can thank her enough for beautifying my home.

So, I've had about a gazillion things to do lately, and I've been taking them a day at a time. I've wanted to make Halloween sugar cookies ever since I found these awesome sprinkles at on Amish store on the way home from Nauvoo, and I needed to take some cookies to the 6th grade Halloween party. I LIKE to make cookies and decorate, but I just didn't have the time. So, Audri and her friend Abby made them all by themselves. I really intervened very little. They mixed, rolled, cut, baked and frosted them. The only decorating I did was to write Boo on the ghosts and add the eyes. I think they turned out great!!

And, amongst the cookie baking, dinner making, sending off to YM/YW, Halloween costume sewing, and general evening chaos, Eliza had an animal project to do. Here's her darn cute kangaroo diorama with the two kangas made of clay!! Do you see the joeys in their pouches?
I'd say we've had a lot of creative juices flowing around here lately, wouldn't you?

3 comments:

Amy Rose said...

Could you have been ok with spelling the Kangaroo with a c? Just kurious. Ha ha.

What a beautiful kitchen, fancy animal diorama, and what a great cousin to get up to go to seminary when he didn't have to!!

Amy T said...

BEAUTIFUL WALLS! and fun times!

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

I love the walls! They look great.