Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Read-A-Thon
Yesterday we had a day off. No school, and no work. We decided to have a family read-a-thon in the morning. When we got up, we stayed in our jammies, and found a spot to snuggle up in the family room, with pillows, blankets and books. Rick built a fire in the fireplace, and kept it going. And we just read, for about 3 hours. It was so much fun!! Occasionally, someone would pipe up with something to share from their reading. I hope to have more family read-a-thons!! I was going to take pictures, but unfortunately, I was taking my turn with the rapid succession stomach flu that was making its rounds through the family, and didn't feel up to taking any.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's a great idea. When my children are old enough to sit and read for that long I think we will have a read-a-thon too.
That sounds like a great idea- I remember doing this in elementary school, all the kids would go in the school gym and we got to bring blankets and come in our jammies and we would read, read, read. As a HUGE fan of reading it was always a favorite day.
What a great way to spend the day!
I love the read-a-thon idea. And it's a perfect family activity for stomach flu recovery. Good thinking.
how fun! The reading, not the vomiting. Get well soon!
How fun! I always love read-a-thons. What a great way to spend the day with your family.
Post a Comment