Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Past III

Apparently I only took pictures every other Christmas, and I didn't take them when we went to Utah. A few notes about Christmas 1996, although I have no pictures. Just before Christmas that year, we closed on the purchase of our first house at 2734 Portsmouth Ct., Lafayette, IN. Then, we flew to Utah for Christmas. So, because of the move and the trip we didn't put up a tree, but I was so excited that I had a HOUSE to decorate for Christmas. I was pregnant with Dailie, and I just barely squeaked by to travel, being about 6 weeks away from my due date. We had a lot of fun with the Jeffs in Utah. As I recall, they all really enjoyed having Dallin to share Christmas with.



We felt like a real family for Christmas 1997 : ). We had a house, and two children. Here's a picture of Dallin with a real reindeer. This was at Christmas at the Zoo in Indianapolis.

Santa was at the zoo, too. Here's Dailie, staring up in wonder at the white bearded man.

I really liked this close up, too.
Dallin and Dailie got to see Santa again later in the season. If I remember right, this was at the Caterpillar Children's Christmas party. They used to do these in Lafayette every year, and they were always great.

Christmas morning. I made those stockings that year, and we still use them, as well as the ones I've added for the other children : ). I also made the tree skirt, and we still use it, but you can't see it in the photo because of the Christmas morning joy covering it up : ).
Looking at the stuff in the stocking. Dallin was 2 1/2 this year.Dailie with her stocking. She turned one the Feb. after this Christmas.


Dailie unwrapping her toy kitchen. Dallin opening the Little People garage.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

The first pic of Dallin with the moose looks just like Daniel! So cute.