So I haven't posted for awhile, yet I don't know what to say. We had a busy weekend, with Stake Conference and the State DI Tournament. I went up to the tournament as the team manager for Dallin's team. Dailie's team also competed. Dallin's team finished 7th, and Dailie's team finished 3rd. The top two teams in each category move on to Global Finals in Knoxville, TN. However, there are also 2 wildcard spots chosen from the 3rd place teams, and, you guessed it, Dailie's team was chosen. It was a very exciting day for them, however, we're not sure that they are really going to go to Globals. One member of the team is saying they cannot go. She cannot afford the time or money needed to go. So, we're currently trying to decide....
Anyway, Bishop Burton, Presiding Bishop of the Church attended our Stake Conference. During the Priesthood Leadership meeting he asked for the newest Bishop in the Stake to come forward. This was obviously Rick, having just been called. He had Rick stand up with him for about 15 minutes, answering questions about the duties of a bishop. He was mostly trying to make a point to the rest of the members present of THEIR responsibilities, but believe me, Rick was sure glad he had spent some time in the handbook!!! I heard that he did very well. What an experience for the new Bishop!!
1 comment:
How intimidating to answer questions in front of everyone with the visiting authority! I am sure Rick did a great job. Congrats to the kids on DI. They always do so well! Good luck on the decision.
Post a Comment