Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Lovely Spring Day

Today was a nice Spring day. It did rain some, but it was warm and sunny at other times. We all worked in the yard, spreading mulch, and preparing beds for the new growth. It's an exciting time for me, and I look forward to seeing things green up even more. We moved and divided one large hosta, made some more progress on the never ending project of ridding our yard of lava rock, and just did general spring yard maintenance. It feels good.

Other things to note, you may have seen in the news that we had an earthquake here in the Midwest. It was odd. I did feel it in the night, but thought the wind was so strong that it was shaking our house (remember I was half asleep- it was 4:30 in the morning). But, no one else even woke up. There was an aftershock later in the day as well, but none of us felt that either.

Also, Dailie's DI team has decided to go on to Global Finals, so the weeks ahead will be filled with preparation for that. The team needs to raise about $6500, so if any of you feel so inclined, please send a donation : ). Oh, it just so happens that Global finals is the same week as the Suessical performance, so this does mean that Dailie will no longer be in that production. She was sad about it, but decided Global Finals will be worth it.

Tomorrow is Rick's first Sunday to preside in the Peoria Ward (due to General and Stake Conference), and I will be released as YW President. It should be a busy Sunday, full of changes.

2 comments:

Tera said...

They will miss you as Young Women's President, but your family needs you and YW is a very time consuming calling!
I am glad you were far enough away from the earthquake that no damage was done. I actually haven't turned on the news in a while, so I had no idea.
Good luck to Dailie!

Unknown said...

Jeff said he felt the aftershock that happened at 11:15 EDT in Lafayette, but that he slept through the actual earthquake. I hope everything goes smoothly for Rick tomorrow at his first sacrament meeting as the presiding high priest. Tell Dailie I said good luck to her team. What will you do with all of your "extra" time now that you're being released? :-)